Gelid

 Gelid

    -Alveera Hafeez



The weather is cold outside,

Resonating a burden filled inside,

The falling snow on the slopy roof,

I heard him calling for my troops.


Music spread her darkened wings,

So did I while attaching my strings,

The room shrieked with a deadly silence,

My heart and mind dwelled with violence.


For a while the Sun poured his hope,

His memoir sparkled on my neck's slope,

The silver gleamed in the broken light,

But nothing could heal this broken slide.


The clouds had tears everyone saw,

But my tears became hard to draw,

Many a times broken from heart,

Now smile became an impressive art.


The darkness of heart and room glows, 

The smile grows as the heart with holds.

                               *************

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts this week