Bloom

 Bloom

       -Alveera Hafeez



There is a chill outside,

The spring has yet not arrived,

The flowers I sowed,

They still haven't showed.


There's a flower I adore,

A flower which survives in core,

But that flower always hurts me the most,

Still I adore him even in the bleeding frost.


I love that flower the most,

I let him be my host,

I share all my darkness with that bloom,

Because he is the light of my gloom.


Sometimes I wish I could uproot his soul,

Sometimes I wish I could let him out as whole,

I tried hard to leave even his memorial roots,

But each time I did, I bled more and more.


His existence is poisoning my soil,

But his absence can make my garden gloom,

My universe is now distorted,

Still I want that poisoning flower bloom.


My garden might became arid with his presence,

Still I wish that aridity to be my life's essence.

                                 *************

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts this week